Monday, October 26, 2009

Fast Food Culture Zombies

I posted a link to my blog in a motorcycle forum that I go to, and in the conversation that ensued someone wound up referring to me as "a Ken Kesey type."

I replied with a little description of myself, a bit of the darker side that influences my philosophy. It ties into a lot that I plan on exploring and discussing here on my blog, so I thought I'd copy it here for posterity:


"Counterculture, subversive, free-thinking, revolutionary. Nihilistic not in that I believe in "nothing," but that I believe everything we're doing is wrong, wrong, wrong.

Angry and well-spoken.

It's been time for a MAJOR change since before I was born. And I'm sick to my heart of living in the world we've destroyed, and having to walk around smiling at the millions who have happily allowed it to happen while they drive along oblivious in their SUVs, eating garbage that's killing them, buying cheap crap they don't need that's killing faceless strangers all over the world. I'm sick of trying to have "normal" conversations with people while everything is getting worse, faster.

I'm sick of living in horror with the absolute certainty that the entire world is going to scorch in my lifetime, surrounded by a population of morons who are living the status quo as if nothing is wrong. No, willfully, ignorantly, violently INSISTING that nothing is wrong.

Tired of banging my head against a wall trying to get the fast-food culture zombies around me to WAKE UP.
Tired of the fact that I live in a country of miserable, angry, boring people who have adopted as their entire way of life the mantra of "who dies with the most toys wins."

Thanks for listening.
Peace."

It's better when I say it all out loud. It's a good, angry-ish monologue, I think... I could see it fitting into one of my favorite movies, "Waking Life." I think I may wind up recording it as a short performance piece.

Have a good day, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment